As the Russia-Ukraine war continues in Europe, Girl Scouts of the United States of America (GSUSA) has shared opportunities for Girl Scouts to raise money in support of our sister Girl Guides and their volunteers and families who are being impacted by the war in Ukraine.
Here are some ways that girls can offer their support.
- CARE – Ukraine Crisis Fund — Collecting funds to send immediate aid such as food, water, hygiene kits and services. The initiative prioritizes support for women, girls and the elderly.
- Doctors without Borders — An organization supporting with medical help and supplies.
- International Rescue Committee — A global humanitarian aid and relief organization that supports refugees around the world.
- Save the Children – Ukraine Crisis Relief Fund — An international humanitarian organization that is focused on improving the lives of children around the world in addition to providing emergency aid in natural disasters, war and other conflicts.
- United Help Ukraine — A Maryland-based volunteer organization that funds first aid kits, humanitarian relief and emergency medical care.
- Voices of Children — A Ukrainian organization supporting children with psycho-social support.
- World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts Emergency Relief Appeal — An emergency appeal fund to support Member Organizations involved in the crisis around Ukraine and to provide other humanitarian support in response to this emergency.
Additionally, below are resources for members and their families to help navigate discussions concerning the ongoing conflict.
- Girl Scouts Raising Awesome Girls—When Violence on the News Shakes her World — This content includes links to resources from the National Child Traumatic Stress Network.
- Talking to Children About Mass Violence
- Talking to Children About War