We want to give a quick additional shoutout to some of the good work happening in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) fields in Pennsylvania. You may remember Girl Scouts in the Heart of Pennsylvania (GSHPA) partnered with the Pennsylvania Commission for Women to provide an evening of STEM learning on Nov. 16, 2022.
The Women in STEM event brought Girl Scouts to the Pennsylvania State Museum to participate in STEM activities and learn more about STEM careers.
The commission received 15 video submissions from women across the commonwealth showcasing the work they do, their educational journey, and why they chose a career in STEM. Learn more about these amazing women in the three videos below and then check out our Women in STEM event recap here on the GSHPA Blog!
Women Featured in Video Submissions
- Lesli Kunkle, Wolfgang Confectioners, Director of Food Safety and Quality
- Tonya Nye, Wolfgang Confectioners, Vice President of Customer Care
- Michelle Finch, Wolfgang Confectioners, Senior Director of Work Force Development
- Danielle Klein, The ButterBee Foundation, Founder/ Executive Director
- Arianna Sindelar, Lancaster County Dept. of Parks and Recreation, Park Naturalist
- Hannah Smith-Brubaker, Pasa Sustainable Agriculture, Executive Director
- Katrin Hillner, PCN (PC Network Inc.), President & CEO
- Jen Fetter, Penn State Extension, Water Resources
- Joyce Sakamoto, Penn State University, Assistant Research Professor
- Becca Refford, Chariot Solutions, Design and Marketing
- Margarita Uribe-Lopez, Penn State University, Professor
- Johnna Goble, Shippensburg University, Mathematics Professor
- Jodi Gauker, Chester County Economic Development Council, Agriculture Project Director
- Crystal Daughtry, Delta Airlines, Mechanic
- Wendy Jackson-Dowe, Sky Pix Group, President, Engineer, FAA Certified Drone Pilot
- Tracy Langkilde, Penn State Eberly College of Science, Verne M. Willaman Dean
- Kishi Qiang, Kulicke and Soffa Industries, Inc., Engineer